11.11.2014

no trails, no tales

We have not made it back out on the trails, and are not going to before the last few close...it just hasn't happened, for many reasons. Altho we've been chipping away at our long list of winter prep for some time, the realization is that the only way to finish is to stay home and get 'er done. No trails, leaves me without tales...what's a horse blogger to share?? 

I could tell you that our horses got their Fall shots & Cierra got her teeth floated...

...or that I rode my horse on my special day! It found me appreciating that indoor arena I whine about, the cool strong wind would have blown us clear to the East Coast otherwise!

My hubby took my day off work (plus one) just to spend it with me, my favorite part of all the wonderful things we enjoyed on our relaxing get-a-way...



just the two of us

...including plenty of zen time, where I reminisced about treasured trail trips this past season...

Our June trip to the lush green Nicolet Forest, had a few too many of Mother Nature's pests. We took it in stride and enjoyed our time together with our horses regardless, on and off the trail...



where siesta's happen


Fast forward through the rest of a busy enjoyable summer, and onto the best trail riding months in the Mid-West...



Ukarydee


In September we went on Cierra's first trail ride off the farm, at Ukarydee. We were so proud of her and discovered just how much she likes being out on the trail... 



Yellowstone Wildlife Refuge


...we enjoyed sharing the remoteness of the Yellowstone Wildlife Refuge with other ridersalong with the bridge crossing down in the valley.



White Mound


In October, fun trail adventures ramped up when encountering White Mound's brand new mudslide hillside trail. We also found ourselves riding together with like minded folks...



Kickapoo Valley Reserve


...the most exciting trail ride of the season was our first ride ever at Kickapoo Valley Reserve!! I love exploring new trails! Good company, good trail dog, beautiful Fall colors, and an exciting river crossing that resulted in a fun movie clip...



Nicolet National Forest


...we continued soaking up trail splendor during our second trip to the northern woods. It's all things nature offers at it's best, always so tranquil and beautiful! Friendly folks are everywhere to be found, making it feel like our home-away-from-home...



Kickapoo Valley Reserve


...and last but far from least, was what turned out to be our last trail ride of the season. Such a special ride, for so many reasons, exploring more new trails at Kickapoo. It was a great way to close out the trail riding season, with much to be thankful for and treasured memories to hold tight.

Without trail adventures, perhaps I could blog about...mmm??...hhhm?? Altho our arena rides are on-going, I don't have anything in particular horsey to share. If I'm quiet you know why, it's time to spin into Winter reflection...







3 comments:

C-ingspots said...

*sigh* It's always difficult to say good-bye to another riding season. But just look at what you were able to do!! My goodness - such grand adventures!!! Now cozy up for the winter and relax, reflect and do inside stuff. Who knows? You could find some grand adventures there too. *wink*

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Well, the idea of an indoor is sounding pretty good to me right about now, seems that I missed the whole riding season nursing this shoulder, and am finally feeling good enough to go and it has snowed. Oh well maybe I will have a few nice days to try again

aurora said...

Lorie, I completely agree! It's time to shift to the gazillion indoor things I need to do - at least until the snow flies. I'll be back outside where my heart is happiest!! Might not be with our horses, but that is when the indoor arena is invaluable!

I am so glad you are healing better Sherry! Your health is more important then riding. Some years we just get out on trails/ride more then others, for various reasons. If you don't get a chance yet this season, there is always next year my friend!!