7.20.2012

new vs old

We didn't make it out to ride last weekend, so I took advantage of a sale at our local tack shop. Yep, I consoled myself with shopping. I found some much needed new boots. Here they are, on our old wood (and lattice) deck...

new_old
New on Old
...I'll miss that old deck. It was my favorite place at home to take photo's. There is something about weathered wood...and worn in leather...like my old (very crooked) boots. They lasted forever, here they are on the new deck...

old_new
Old on New

...notice a bit of a difference between the old and the new? I'm looking forward to using both the new deck and new boots, but more so the boots - they were made for more then walking.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

Love the new boots - Love the stories the old boots can tell!

Shirley said...

Nice new boots. Did you save the old wood for craft projects? They make great flower planters. Also love the vibrant red in your Sunday Stills post.

aurora said...

Yeah, those old boots could tell a ton of stories - they've even got a tongue ;)

We do still have the wood. Great idea on the flower planter, I have this one spot...

For now I still have the small pool deck at the bottom of our property, it's not the same, but has similar wood.