1.15.2012

Sunday Stills ~ Corners

Unless round, most things have a corner. I looked & thought about all the corners around me. They weren't very interesting. I thought about driving downtown to the Capitol, large majestic buildings with windows make for a grrreat photograph.  But who wants to deal with traffic, not me. Sometimes the easiest subjects, can be the most challenging.

I found an interesting light pattern, on the corner slats of our table - and then decided it was time to bundle up for a road trip in search of corners at a New England style covered bridge, built by the Amish.

woodencorners
table slat corners

anothercorner
corner of wooden bridge structure

structurecorner
corner on opposite side of wooden bridge structure
amazing how different the light is on the same end of the bridge, only a few feet apart

roofcorners
roof corners

cornerofbridge
wooden bridge, with many corners

8 comments:

Shirley said...

I'm so glad you took the time to photograph the bridge- what a lovely structure.

Jake said...

Very cool shots!! I really like the way the light falls on the first shot.

Ed said...

Very cool, great old covered bridge..:-)

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Great shots. I really like the light contrast on the bridge corner.
Connie

Denise said...

How lovely. There's nothing remotely like that here in Scotland. The table shot is great too.

Dreaming said...

I am a fan of wooden bridges.... so I adore each shot you have; the details and the screened view, especially!

WildBlack said...

Wonderful use of the lighting :)

Firas said...

Great post with a great set of well composed shots : )