5.08.2011

Sunday Stills ~ Doors and Doorknobs

This challenge can include all sorts of doors and knobs, handles etc…I started at the farm, and then shot my 3 beloved lantern doors, and ended with a door from our Mother's Day hike.

When I asked my brother-in-law if he knew of any doors/doorknobs on the farm, he suggested I go down to the local bar - there are several doorknobs that hang out there! We had a good chuckle, but I opted not to go that route.

smallbarn_door
Small Barn Door

bigbarndoor
Large Barn Door

bigbarndoorhandle
Large Barn Door Handle

outdoorlantern
Old Outdoor Lantern, w/ door & latch

sm_insidelantern
Small Indoor Lantern, w/ door & latch
(cherished gift from my one of my Girl Scouts)

indoorlantern
Large Lantern Door

knob_closeup
Lantern Door Knob

biglantern_night
Lantern Door Glowing

devilsdoorway
Devil's Doorway

Open the door & visit other Sunday Stills

5 comments:

Ed said...

The lanters are pure genius! Great shots and love the devil's doorway,,:-))))

Anonymous said...

I love all of your lanterns! Do you collect them? Beautiful. :)

Dreaming said...

I think your lanterns are beautiful. I like the pattern of light in the last photo - way cool!

Ebie said...

Wow, I really love the collection of lanterns. The little candle light adds character to the photo.

Thanks for stopping by.

aurora said...

Thank you! I don't collect lanterns perse, but it looks like a good start to a collection! The three I have sure get put to good use, hmmm maybe I should?!

It took some thinking to figure out what to shoot for this challenge. The shot I worked the hardest for was definitely "Devils Doorway", that took a fair amount of sweaty climbing to reach!