5.23.2011

face of hope

Yesterday while waiting for the farrier, I watched in awe as Harmony and our daughter Ali interacted. It's been forever since I've seen the two of them together, and I had all but forgotten the bond they have. Not sure who I was more amazed with, the daughter or Harmony.

After clipping bridle paths, and grooming, she hopped right on Harmony bareback and halter rode her around in the pasture - in shorts. Harmony obeyed every request both on the ground, and while mounted - even after such a long time off. Ali is such a natural with animals, something she inherited from her dad. I only wish I had half their natural ability.

Horses can be so forgiving, this is when it all sunk in:

walkingtogether
Ali & Harmony and Brad & Cierra

ali_harmony
Yes Harmony, I know...

cornerthoughts
Ali trying to figure out what is so special about the horses favorite corner.

walkingtogether2
Havin' fun & trotting around
Nothing is as heartwarming as a horse and their girl...

ali_harmony2
Harmony's girl knows all the right spots
...and the feeling of hope...

faceofhope
Ali & Harmony

...something I saw and felt, over and over again this weekend :)

5 comments:

Jeni said...

Love the photos =)

C and C Antiques and Animals - What a Life! said...

Yep...I love to see the bond my daughter has with her animals. These are lovely photos. Thanks for sharing.
Connie

Dreaming said...

You captured all of that love and trust in your pictures. Goosebumps!

50+ Horses said...

Your post brought a lump to my throat. Very good Post.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww, that's just so beautiful. And your photos are very special.

~Lisa